At Florida Westcoast Skin and Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida area patients can enjoy a wide array of effective treatments and products used to reduce or eliminate acne and treat acne-prone skin. At our practice, we can help with mild to severe acne conditions, including blackheads and cystic acne, while also offering solutions for acne scarring that may be left behind once the condition has been effectively treated. Our team assists men, women, and teenagers in improving the skin’s appearance and health while combating stubborn acne breakouts.
What type of breakouts/acne are present?
We see patients of all ages in our practice who are struggling with acne. Acne may present in different ways for each patient.
Types of acne include:
- Adolescent acne
- Adult acne
- Cystic acne
- Nodule acne
Once patients have an initial consultation and evaluation with Dr. Michael Scannon and his team, they can then work with our professional to develop an appropriate treatment regimen to help them combat their condition. Because acne has various forms and is different for each individual, some patients may have to try a combination of therapies to find what works best for their unique situation.
Below are just a few of the more common acne treatment options available at our facility in Tampa, Florida:
- Topical acne products – these include creams and gels that are applied directly on the skin, and may include agents with salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, or antibiotics
- Oral prescription medications – some patients find it easier to treat their condition from the inside out, and may consider oral prescription medications such as hormone modulators, antibiotics, and Isotretinoin
- Light and laser therapies – light treatments can be used in treating inflammatory acne that is more moderate to severe, and can be combined with other therapies
- Chemical peels – chemical peels use special blends of ingredients used on the skin to stimulate skin cell turnover and offer an exfoliating effect
- Are you struggling with acne?
Contact the team of Florida Westcoast Skin and Cancer Center of Tampa, Florida to discuss solutions for acne with our team. Dr. Michael Scannon and the associates at our practice work closely with patients to help them achieve their skin and body goals. Call (813) 877-4811 to request an appointment and discuss your desires with our professional staff. We are conveniently located at 4200 North Armenia Avenue in Suites 1 and 2.